The backyard is one of the most versatile spaces in your home and can be used for so many things. Whether it’s to entertain guests, relax with family and friends, or just have some fun by yourself, a backyard makes for a great place to spend time. In this article, find out how you can turn your backyard into the perfect swimming pool spot for you!
If you’re looking to add a swimming pool to your backyard, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some tips on how to build a modern swimming pool in your backyard:
- Check the soil pH level: Before starting any construction project, it’s important to first check the soil pH level. If it’s too acidic or too alkaline, you may not be able to build a pool on that particular spot.
- Decide on your budget: Once you know the soil pH level and what type of pool you want, you can start figuring out your budget. Prices for different pool designs vary, and some may be more expensive than others. But with this knowledge, you can budget for a swimming pool in your backyard.
- Decide on the location: Once you know your budget and what type of pool you want to build, you will need to choose where to build it. Your best option is to build an in-ground swimming pool, since it’s easier to maintain. In addition, if you decide to go with above-ground pools, you should prepare thoroughly before starting the construction project because they are much more complex than in-ground pools and require a lot of planning.
- Figure out the size: Depending on how many people live in your household, the size of your yard and how big your family is, you need to decide how many squares feet of space your pool will require. If you choose the large pool you must install a swimming pool slide as it’s an excellent addition to your swimming pool, for both adults and children to enjoy the summer time together. You can click here to choose the best pool slides for your backyard pool.
- Build the deck: It is very important to ensure that your in-ground swimming pool has a solid construction. You can choose from several materials when building your swimming pool deck, such as wood or PVC boards. Make sure that you have someone around who understands how to properly fix decking, as this will allow you to avoid costly repairs later on.
- Install the liner: If you decide to install an above-ground swimming pool, then you have to prepare some things before starting the construction process. First, you will have to remove the pool pump and filter. You can also add a liner prior to installing the coping and coping forms. Although there are various types of liners, vinyl liner is usually preferred since it is commonly used in lakes and ponds as well.
- Cover all of your swimming pool equipment: Once you have covered the liner with plastic, then you should install your racking system. This will be followed by the water heater and skimmer, as well as your lighting system. If you have not installed your pump yet, then you should do, so after this process has been completed.
- To protect your pool from the sun and wind, you’ll need to install a retractable pool roof or retractable pool cover. A pool cover will help keep the water warm during cold winter months and cool during hot summer months. It also helps to protect the surface of the pool from leaves, rocks, and dirt.
There are many factors to consider before building a swimming pool in your backyard. The cost of the pool, the size of the pool, whether you want an in-ground or an above ground pool, and whether you need a pump and filter will all impact your final budget. Here are some ballpark figures to help give you a starting point:
A basic in-ground pool will run around $20,000, while an above ground pool can cost as much as $30,000. If you choose to have a pump and filter installed, that will add another $1,000 to the total cost. If you want a large pool (50 x 25 ft), the price will jump to around $40,000. And if you only need a small 10 x 12 ft pool, the price tag will be around $7,500.
No matter what your budget is, there’s likely a swimming pool that fits within it. Just keep in mind that larger pools tend to require more maintenance than smaller pools-check out our blog for tips on how to keep your swimming pool looking great year-round!
- A swimming pool can provide hours of fun for the whole family.
- A swimming pool is a great place to cool off on hot days.
- A swimming pool can serve as a venue for outdoor parties.
- A swimming pool can be expensive to build.
- A swimming pool requires regular maintenance.
- A swimming pool can be a dangerous place if not properly supervised.
The following are types of swimming pools that you can build in your backyard:
In-ground pool: This type of pool is the most common and is typically built on a concrete slab. It is usually smaller than above-ground pools and requires a higher level of expertise to construct.
Above-ground pool: An above-ground pool is the most popular type of pool and is often the largest. It is built on a wooden frame and has a waterproof coating on the outside. Above-ground pools can be heated or cooled using an air conditioning unit.
Pool deck: A pool deck is a paved area adjacent to the swimming pool that provides space for lounging, sunbathing, and playing water sports. Pool decks can be either covered or open.
Building a modern swimming pool in your backyard can be a fun and rewarding project, but it’s important to choose the right landscape design. For example, you want a landscape that will provide privacy while still allowing people to see the pool from nearby streets or yards. You also want the landscape to be aesthetically pleasing, so it can help make your outdoor space feel like a resort.
Here are some tips for choosing the right landscape design for your swimming pool:
- Choose a landscaping style that is compatible with your home’s architecture and style. For example, if your home is Tudor style with steep rooflines and tall windows, go for a landscape that features low shrubs and trees that are close to the ground.
- Consider what kind of plants you would like to include in your pool area. Some plants, like azaleas, come in many colors and can create an impressive background scene. Others, like ferns, are low-maintenance and add stability and beauty to the soil.
- Be sure to coordinate your landscaping with the color of your pool liner and accessories. Many pools come in multiple colors, so pick one that will work best with your current decorating scheme.
- Remember to use plants that will thrive in your area’s climate. Some plants, like cacti, are more suited to desert areas; others, like flowering to apiaries, will do well in cooler climates with plenty of winter sunlight.
- Take advantage of the money-saving advantages of planting as many small trees and shrubs as you can. These plants require very little upkeep and are far less expensive than larger specimens.
- Incorporate a touch of nature into your pool area. By using plants that grow naturally in your environment, you will create the illusion of a lush oasis right at home.
If you’re interested in building a backyard swimming pool but don’t know where to start, this guide is for you! We have outlined the different types of pools and their features so that you can make an informed decision about which type would be best for your needs.