Like humans, the health of plants also gets affected by adverse conditions such as climate changes and living environment. They too need medication and cures for the betterment of their healthy lifestyle which is called sick tree treatment.
Many people think that only fungus, bacteria, and insects are the main things causing sickness to the tree. But, there is a lot of stress to the trees that is caused by adverse climatic conditions, compacted soil, heavy fertilization, overwatering, and many more things that can distort and weaken their immune system.
In this particular article, we will provide you with some information about the problems faced by trees and how their health is affected by those problems. You will get to know about the organic solution that can solve almost every tree problem and what to do when you detect sickness in your tree.
How to Perform Sick Tree Treatment?
The sick tree treatment from professionals is one of the best ways to reverse all the stress-causing insect pesticides and diseases. You need to follow the 5 steps to perform sick tree treatment for the betterment of a tree’s health.
Step 1-You need to stop the usage of harmful chemical pesticides and fertilizers having a high nitrogen content
Step 2- Remove the extra soil from above the root area.
Step 3- Try to aerate the root area as much as possible
Step 4- Apply organic goods
Step 5- Spraying trees and soil will be highly beneficial.
Healthy trees can be seen with new growth. However, if you are not sure, You may have to consult a knowledgeable person for the detection of what’s making your tree sick? and what to do about it?
General Views for sick tree treatment.
In general, make sure the tree is getting enough sun and water, remove any dead or diseased branches, and dispose of them well away from the tree. Also, Clean up dead leaves from the tree. Fallen leaves harbor tree pests.
Look for signs of miles and rats which frequently chow down on the roots of several species of tree.
Adding mulch and or other fertilizer in judicious amounts often helps.
Maximum time the only practical solution is to spray the tree with a pesticide that is well approved for the species that’s known to cure a certain disease such as a fungus or a certain kind of insect infestation.
And sometimes no matter what you do trees are going to die anyway. If you are told by somebody you trust who knows that a given tree is not going to make it, you should take it down at your convenience, rather than waiting for it to come down in a storm, when it will create a much bigger problem, especially if it falls on your house or other areas where it can cause damage to someone’s life or property.
Role of Nature in Nurturing
Trees in nature and forests are not taken care of by people. Instead, they grow and nature takes care of them. They develop long and thick roots burrowing deep into the earth and suck water out from deep down even when the surface would appear to be dry.
Then there are plenty of rainforests where the trees are competing with each other for light and grow very tall to rise above other trees to secure a decent amount of sunlight and also to adapt to the environment that surrounds them. In nature trees also suffer damage in adverse weather conditions and do their best to survive and in the struggle for survival, they grow new branches and show signs of their hard survival.
In urban areas, you will see plants and small trees growing out of cracks in brick walls and out of pavements.
Trees are very resilient and are capable to find ways to survive in nature. At the end of the day, we are no bigger than nature itself.
What Measures Can You Take to Cure the Sickness?
- Trees are also living beings and they too need attention especially if they are living in human-dominated areas so it is our responsibility to make sure their necessities are being fulfilled.
- Trees need to be watered regularly(one of the basic needs of any living organism) to recharge themselves and it is not recommended to leave them dry for too long.
- The trees will have a widely spread root system that will absorb the water and use it for Photosynthesis and Transpiration and that is how they can lose a lot of water in the process.
- If proper water is not supplied to any plant or tree, it will wither away gradually. The leaves fall off and the plant or tree will die slowly.
- As mentioned above the fallen leaves, flowers, fruits, and dry twigs or fallen branches should be cleaned up in the gardens and other densely planted areas. If not done, it will start decaying and decomposing, inviting rodents and snakes, centipedes, ants, and termites, etc., and deeply affect a tree’s health.
- The barks of the trees must be maintained well so that the boring insects don’t burrow into them and damage the supporting systems like xylem and phloem in the trees.
- The base of the tree should be encircled with a lining of cement and bricks so that the water does not flow out of the area and the tree can absorb the water whenever in need. The water should not be stagnant also and make sure you put water as much as it seeps into the soil and stays moist.
- Some trees might need pesticides and insecticides to keep them neat and clean. If it is not possible to fulfill the needs of pesticides and other organic material, then the birds or lizards can clean up the insects and you can get healthy trees.
To provide ample amounts of nutrients to your trees you need to keep an eye on them constantly so that they don’t die. But, in some cases, you can’t do much. You can always call an arborist to check on your tree’s health. Also, make sure you refer to the above article for all the necessary details regarding a tree’s health.
To get info about sick tree treatment services you can contact certified experts in this field nearby you.